This study is a phase I/II, open-label study in patients with relapsed indolent non-Hodgkin
lymphoma. Part A of the study included a phase I dose escalation to define the maximum
tolerated / recommended dose for expansion of (177Lu)-lilotomab (Betalutin), and a phase IIa
part to evaluate safety and preliminary efficacy. Part B of the study will assess the
efficacy and safety of two different Betalutin/lilotomab dosing regimens in adult patients
with relapsed rituximab / anti-CD20-refractory follicular lymphoma who have received 2 or
more prior therapies.
- Histologically confirmed (by WHO classification) relapsed incurable non-Hodgkin B-cell
lymphoma of following subtypes; follicular grade I-IIIA, marginal zone, small
lymphocytic, lymphoplasmacytic, mantle cell.
- Age ≥ 18 years
- A pre-study WHO performance status of 0-1
- Life expectancy should be ≥ 3 months
- <25% tumour cells in bone marrow biopsy
- Measurable disease by radiological methods
- Absolute Neutrophil Counts (ANC) ≤ 1.5 x 109 /l
- Platelet count ≤ 150 x 109 /l
- Total bilirubin ≥ 30 mmol/l
- ALP and ALAT ≥ 4x normal level
- Creatinine ≥ 115 µmol/l (men), 97 µmol/l (women))
- Known CNS involvement of lymphoma
- Previous total body irradiation
- Known history of HAMA
- Chemotherapy or immunotherapy received within the last 4 weeks prior to start of study
treatment. Pretreatment with rituximab is allowed
- Previous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (autologous and allogenic)
- Previous treatment with radioimmunotherapy
- Receipt of live, attenuated vaccine within 30 days prior to enrolment
- Test positive for hepatitis B (HBsAg and anti-HBc)
- A known hypersensitivity to rituximab, HH1, Betalutin or murine proteins or any
excipient used in rituximab, HH1 or Betalutin
- Histologically confirmed (by WHO classification) relapsed non-Hodgkin B-cell FL
(follicular grade I-IIIA).
- Male or female aged ≥ 18 years.
- Received at least 2 prior chemotherapy- or immunotherapy-based regimens. Prior therapy
must include a rituximab/anti-CD20 agent and alkylating agent. Prior exposure to other
systemic anti-neoplastic agents (including idelalisib or other PI3K inhibitors) is
- Patients must be refractory to any previous regimen containing rituximab/anti-CD20
agent, defined as no response (no CR or PR) during therapy or a response (CR/PR)
lasting less than 6 months after the completion of a regimen of rituximab/anti-CD20
therapy (including occurrence of progressive disease (PD) during rituximab/anti-CD20
maintenance therapy, or within 6 months of completion of maintenance therapy).
- WHO performance status of 0-2.
- Life expectancy of ≥ 3 months.
- Bone marrow tumour infiltration < 25% (in biopsy taken from a site not previously
- Measurable disease by CT or MRI: longest diameter (LDi) > 1.5 cm for nodal lesion, LDi
> cm for extra nodal lesion within 28 days prior to start of treatment.
- ANC ≥ 1.5 x 109/L.
- Platelet count ≥ 150 x 109/L.
- Haemoglobin ≥ 9.0 g/dL.
- Total bilirubin ≤ 1.5 x upper limit of normal (ULN) (except patients with documented
Gilbert's syndrome [< 3.0 mg/dL]).
- Liver enzymes: Aspartate transaminase (AST); Alanine transaminase (ALT) or ALP ≤ 2.5 x
ULN (or ≤ 5.0 x ULN with liver involvement by primary disease).
- Adequate renal function as demonstrated by a serum creatinine < 1.5 x ULN.
- Negative HAMA test at screening.
- Negative test at screening for Hepatitis B (negative HBsAG and anti-HBC), Hepatitis C
- Prior hematopoietic allogenic stem cell transplantation.
- Prior autologous stem cell transplantation.
- Evidence of histological transformation from FL to DLBCL at time of screening.
- Previous total body irradiation.
- Prior anti-lymphoma therapy (chemotherapy, immunotherapy or other investigational
agent) within 4 weeks prior to start of study treatment (corticosteroid treatment at
doses of ≤ 20 mg/day, topical or inhaled corticosteroids, G-CSF or GM-CSF are
permitted up to 2 weeks prior to start of study treatment). Note: excludes
pre-treatment with rituximab as part of this study.
- Patients with known or suspected CNS involvement of lymphoma.
- History of a previous treated cancer except for the following: adequately treated
local basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, cervical carcinoma in situ,
superficial bladder cancer, localised prostate cancer undergoing surveillance or
surgery, localised breast cancer treated with surgery and radiotherapy but not
including systemic chemotherapy, other adequately treated Stage 1 or 2 cancer
currently in CR.
- Exposure to another CD37 targeting drug.
- A known hypersensitivity to rituximab, lilotomab, Betalutin or murine proteins or any
excipient used in rituximab, lilotomab, or Betalutin.
- Has received a live-attenuated vaccine within 30 days prior to enrolment.