- Diagnosis of histologically confirmed GBM (WHO grade IV).
- At least 18 years of age.
- ECOG performance status of at least 2.
- Has received or is in the process of completing a course of definitive radiotherapy of
at least 45 Gy with concurrent temozolomide (patient may be registered before
completing radiotherapy as long as it is anticipated that s/he will complete at least
- Eligible for and planning to receive maintenance temozolomide after completion of
definitive radiotherapy plus temozolomide.
- Willing to remain abstinent from consuming alcohol while on disulfiram.
- Meets the following laboratory criteria:
- Absolute neutrophil count ≥ 1,500/mcL
- Platelets ≥ 100,000/mcL
- Hemoglobin > 9.0 g/dL (transfusion and/or ESA allowed)
- Total bilirubin ≤ 2x institutional upper limit of normal (ULN)
- AST and ALT < 3 x ULN
- Calculated creatinine clearance must be > 60 mL/min (by Cockcroft-Gault)
- Females of childbearing potential (defined as a female who is non-menopausal or
surgically sterilized) must be willing to use an acceptable method of birth control
(i.e., hormonal contraceptive, intra-uterine device, diaphragm with spermicide, condom
with spermicide, or abstinence) for the duration of the study. Should a woman become
pregnant or suspect she is pregnant while participating in this study, she must inform
her treating physician immediately.
- Able to take oral medication.
- Able to understand and willing to sign an IRB-approved written informed consent
document (legally authorized representative permitted).
- Receipt of any other investigational agents within 14 days prior to study enrollment.
- Enrolled on another clinical trial testing a novel therapy or drug.
- History of allergic reaction to disulfiram.
- Treatment with clinically significant cytochromes P450 enzyme inducers, such as
phenytoin, phenobarbital, chlordiazepoxide, diazepam, isoniazid, metronidazole,
warfarin, amitriptyline within 14 days prior to the first dose of disulfiram. Of note,
lorazepam and oxazepam are not affected by the P450 system and are not contraindicated
- Active or severe hepatic, cardiovascular, or cerebrovascular disease, including
myocardial infarction within 6 months prior to enrollment, have New York Heart
Association (NYHA) Class III or IV heart failure (Appendix B), uncontrolled angina,
severe uncontrolled ventricular arrhythmias, or electrocardiographic evidence of acute
ischemia or active conduction system abnormalities.
- History of idiopathic seizure disorder, psychosis or schizophrenia.
- Pregnant and/or breastfeeding. Women of childbearing potential must have a negative
pregnancy test within 14 days of initiation of treatment.