This is a three-part, multi-center, open-label, Phase 1, first-in-patient study of COTI-2 in
patients with recurrent ovarian, fallopian tube, primary peritoneal, endometrial, or cervical
cancer (collectively gynecological malignancies), and in patients with head and neck squamous
cell carcinoma (HNSCC), colorectal, lung, or pancreatic cancer. Other tumor types may be
allowed with Sponsor approval.
COTI-2 will be self-administered as a single agent, orally, once daily for 5 days followed by
2 treatment-free days each week.
Part 1 of the study will be dose finding in patients with gynecological malignancies using a
3 + 3 design to establish the MTD (maximum tolerated dose) over 6 planned cohorts.
Part 2 of the study will be dose finding in patients with HNSCC using a 3 + 3 design to
establish the MTD over 6 planned cohorts.
Part 3 of the study will be dose finding for COTI-2 in combination with cisplatin in patients
with gynecological malignancies, HNSCC, colorectal, lung, pancreatic cancer, or other tumor
types with Sponsor approval.
1. ≥18 years of age.
2. Willing and able to provide written informed consent to participate in this
3. Cancer that is recurrent, metastatic, or unresectable and for which no effective or
curative measures exist.
- Part 1: Ovarian, fallopian tube, primary peritoneal, endometrial, or cervical
- Part 2: HNSCC, with confirmed p53 mutations
- Part 3: Gynecological malignancies, HNSCC, colorectal, lung, pancreatic cancer,
or other tumors with Sponsor approval.
4. Ability to attend all scheduled study visits
5. Measurable disease by physical examination or imaging as defined by RECIST v1.1
criteria or evaluable disease as defined by Gynecologic Cancer Intergroup (GCIG) CA125
6. European Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 or 1.
7. Life expectancy ≥3 months.
8. Adequate bone marrow, liver, renal, and cardiac function at study entry, assessed as
- Hemoglobin ≥9.0 g/dL;
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥1.5 x 109/L;
- Platelet count ≥100 x 109/L;
- Prothrombin time (PT) or international normalize rate (INR) within 1.5x upper
limit of normal;
- Partial thromboplastin time (PTT) within 1.5x upper limit of normal;
- Total bilirubin within normal limits;
- Alanine transaminase (ALT) and aspartate transaminase (AST) within 1.5x upper
limit of normal;
- Calculated creatinine clearance >50 mL/min;
- Urine protein <500 mg or urine protein: creatinine ratio (UPC) <1.0; and
- Left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) ≥55% (or the institutional lower limit
of normal [LLN]) as evidenced on ECHO.
9. Prior chemotherapy, other investigational agents, or radiation must be discontinued
for at least 28 days prior to the first administration of COTI-2. Hormone treatments
must be discontinued for at least 28 days prior to the first administration of COTI-2.
10. Toxicity from prior therapy (except alopecia) has resolved to ≤Grade 1; in the event
of toxicity that has not resolved to ≤Grade 1 but is considered stable, the patient
may be eligible after discussion among the investigator and sponsor's medical monitor.
11. Physiologically incapable of becoming pregnant, postmenopausal, or negative pregnancy
test and agree to use adequate contraception (e.g., oral contraceptive, double barrier
method, intra-uterine device, intra-muscular contraceptive).
12. Patients enrolled in the expansion phase must be willing to undergo pre and post-Cycle
13. Patients enrolled in the escalation and expansion phases will be required to have
archival tissue available for analysis.
1. Pregnant or lactating.
2. History of other invasive malignancies, with the exception of non-melanoma skin cancer
or successfully treated in situ carcinoma, if there is evidence of the malignancy
being present within the last 3 years.
3. Inability to tolerate oral medications.
4. Any serious and/or unstable pre-existing medical, psychiatric, or other condition
(e.g., severe hepatic impairment) or current unstable or uncompensated respiratory or
cardiac conditions which makes it undesirable for the patient to participate in the
study or which could jeopardize compliance with the protocol.
5. History of clinically significant or uncontrolled cardiac disease including but not
1. Myocardial infarction,
2. Angina pectoris,
3. Congestive heart failure of New York Heart Association (NYHA) Grade >2,
4. Ventricular arrhythmias requiring continuous therapy, or
5. Supraventricular arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation, which are
6. Major surgery, excluding skin biopsies and procedures for insertion of central venous
access devices, within 28 days prior to the start of COTI-2.
7. Active, uncontrolled bacterial, viral, fungal, or other opportunistic infection
requiring systemic therapy.
8. Part 2:
1. The presence of or imminent occurrence of airway obstruction, unless tracheostomy
2. HPV-positive status ( In HNSCC patients only)