- Women and men 18 years or older with advanced solid tumor malignancy
- Ability to understand and voluntarily sign informed consent prior to undergoing any
study-related assessments or procedures, as well as adhere to the study visit
schedule and other protocol requirements.
- Local histologic or cytologic confirmation of HER2+ solid tumors by FISH
amplification or IHC (3+)
- Patients must have received one prior approved therapy for metastatic disease and
have not curable options
- For escalation: Documentation by established staging studies or clinical examination
to have measurable or non-measurable metastatic disease per RECIST v1.1 criteria.
- For expansion: Documentation by established staging studies or clinical examination
to have measurable metastatic disease per RECIST v1.1 criteria.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status of 0-1.
- Adequate organ function:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) 1.5 X 109/L
- Hemoglobin (Hgb) 9g/dL
- Platelets (plt) 100 x 109/L
- Potassium within normal range, or correctable with supplements;
- Serum calcium and magnesium within the normal range (or corrected with supplements)
- AST and ALT 2.5 x Upper Limit Normal (ULN)
- Serum total bilirubin 1.5 x ULN
- Serum creatinine 1.5 x ULN, or 24-hr clearance 60ml/min
- Serum albumin > 3.0 g/dL
- Left ventricular ejection fraction of >55% (or institutional lower normal value)
- Females of child-bearing potential (FCBP) must have negative serum pregnancy test
within 7 days before starting study treatment and willingness to adhere to acceptable
forms or birth control (a physician- approved contraceptive method: oral, injectable,
or implantable hormonal contraceptive; tubal ligation; intra-uterine device; barrier
contraceptive with spermicide; or vasectomized partner)
FCBP is defined as a sexually mature women who:
- Have not undergone a hysterectomy (the surgical removal of the uterus) or bilateral
oophorectomy (the surgical removal of both ovaries) or,
- Have not been naturally postmenopausal for at least 12 consecutive months (i.e., has
had menses at any time during the preceding 12 consecutive months
- Must be willing to practice abstinence or use highly effective contraception for a
minimum of 6 months following completion of study treatment (in addition to during
- Male subjects with female partner of childbearing potential must agree to the use of
a physician-approved contraceptive method throughout the course of the study and for
3 months after the last dose of the investigational product.
- Ability to take oral medications
- Any significant medical condition, laboratory abnormalities, which places the subject
at unacceptable risk if he/she were to participate in the study.
- Any condition that confounds the ability to interpret data from the study.
- Patients must have recovered from side effects from prior cancer-directed therapy to
grade 1 or less (unless deemed not clinically significant by study investigator).
- Symptomatic central nervous system metastases. Subjects with brain metastases that
have been previously treated and are stable for 4 weeks are allowed.
- Persistent diarrhea or malabsorption NCI CTCAE grade 1, despite medical management,
ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, resection of the stomach or small
bowel, or other disease or condition significantly affecting gastrointestinal
- Unstable angina, significant cardiac arrhythmia, or New York Heart Association (NYHA)
class III or IV congestive heart failure.
- Grade 2 or higher neuropathy
- Known history of: cardiac disease, heart failure or decreased left ventricular
ejection fraction, significant clinical arrhythmias
- Prior systemic cancer-directed treatments or investigational modalities 5 half
lives or 4 weeks, whichever is shorter, prior to starting study drug or who have not
recovered from grade 2 or higher side effects of such therapy (except alopecia).
- Major surgery 2 weeks prior to starting a study drug or who have not recovered from
side effects of such therapy.
- Known allergic reaction to neratinib, pertuzumab, trastuzumab, paclitaxel, or any of
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Known active Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection, Hepatitis B or C.
Minimum Eligible Age: 18 Years
Maximum Eligible Age: N/A
Eligible Gender: Both