Inclusion Criteria :
1. Male or female, aged at least 18 years.
2. Informed consent signed prior to any study speciﬁc procedures, sampling, and analyses.
3. Pathologically conﬁrmed adenocarcinoma of the lung (e.g., this may occur as systemic
recurrence after prior surgery for early stage disease or patients may be newly
diagnosed with Stage lIIB/ IV disease). Patients with mixed histology are eligible if
adenocarcinoma is the predominant histology.
4. Locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC (Non-small-cell lung carcinoma), not amenable to
curative surgery or radiotherapy.
5. The tumour harbours one of the 2 common EGFR mutations known to be associated with
EGFR-TKI sensitivity (Ex19 deletions, L858R), either alone or in combination with
other EGFR mutations.
6. Patients must be treatment-naive for advanced NSCLC and eligible to receive ﬁrst-line
treatment with osimertinib
7. Subjects affiliated to an appropriate health insurance
8. World Health Organization Performance Status of 0 to 1 with no clinically signiﬁcant
deterioration over the previous 2 weeks and a minimum life expectancy of 12 weeks.
9. At least one lesion, not previously irradiated and not chosen for biopsy during the
study screening period, that can be accurately measured at baseline as 10 mm in the
longest diameter (except lymph nodes which must have a short axis of 15 mm) with
computerized tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and which is
suitable for accurate repeated measurements.
10. Female patients should be using adequate contraceptive measures, should not be breast
feeding, and must have a negative pregnancy test prior to ﬁrst dose of study drug; or
female patients must have an evidence of non-child-bearing potential by fulﬁlling one
of the following criteria at screening:
- Post-menopausal deﬁned as aged more than 50 years and amenorrheic for at least 12
months following cessation of all exogenous hormonal treatments.
- Women under 50 years old would be consider postmenopausal if they have been
amenorrheic for 12 months or more following cessation of exogenous hormonal
treatments and with luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone
(FSH) levels in the post-menopausal range for the institution.
- Documentation of irreversible surgical sterilisation by hysterectomy, bilateral
oophorectomy, or bilateral salpingectomy but not tubal ligation.
11. Male patients should be willing to use barrier contraception, i.e., condoms
Exclusion Criteria :
1. Involvement in the planning and/or conduct of the study (applies to both Investigator
staff and/or staff at the study site)
2. Previous enrolment in the present study
3. Treatment with any of the following:
- Prior treatment with any systemic anti-cancer therapy for advanced NSCLC
including standard chemotherapy, biologic therapy, immunotherapy, or any
- Prior treatment with an EGFR-TKI. including osimertinib
- Major surgery (excluding placement of vascular access) within 4 weeks of the ﬁrst
dose of study drug.
- Radiotherapy treatment to more than 30% of the bone marrow or with a wide ﬁeld of
radiation within 4 weeks of the ﬁrst dose of study drug.
- Treatment with an investigational drug within ﬁve half-lives of the compound or
any of its related material, if known.
4. Any concurrent and/or other active malignancy that has required systemic treatment
within 2 years of ﬁrst dose of study drug.
5. Any unresolved toxicities from prior systemic therapy (e. g., adjuvant chemotherapy)
greater than CTCAE grade l at the time of starting study drug with the exception of
alopecia, prior platinum-therapy related neuropathy grade 2.
6. Spinal cord compression, symptomatic and unstable brain metastases except for those
patients who have completed definitive therapy, and have had a stable neurological
status for at least 2 weeks after completion of definitive therapy. Patients may be on
corticosteroids to control brain metastases if they have been on a stable dose for 2
weeks (14 days) prior to the start of study treatment and are clinically asymptomatic.
7. Any evidence of severe or uncontrolled systemic diseases, including uncontrolled
hypertension and active bleeding diatheses, which in the Investigator's opinion makes
it undesirable for the patient to participate in the trial or which would jeopardise
compliance with the protocol; or active infection including hepatitis B, hepatitis C
and human immunodeﬁciency virus (HIV). Screening for chronic conditions is not
8. Refractory nausea and vomiting, chronic gastrointestinal diseases, inability to
swallow the formulated product, or previous signiﬁcant bowel resection that would
preclude adequate absorption of osimertinib.
9. Any of the following cardiac criteria:
- Mean resting corrected QT interval (QTc) >470 msec, obtained from 3 ECGs, using
the screening clinic ECG machine-derived QTc value.
- Any clinically important abnormalities in rhythm, conduction, or morphology of
resting ECG, e.g., complete left bundle branch block, third-degree heart block,
second-degree heart block, PR interval >250 msec.
- Any factors that increase the risk of QTc prolongation or risk of arrhythmic
events suchas heart failure, hypokalaemia, congenital long QT syndrome, family
history of long QT syndrome, or unexplained sudden death under 40 years of age in
ﬁrst-degree relatives or any concomitant medication known to prolong the QT
- Past medical history of ILD, drug-induced ILD, radiation pneumonitis which
required steroid treatment, or any evidence of clinically active ILD.
10. Inadequate bone marrow reserve or organ function as demonstrated by any of the
following laboratory values.
- Absolute neutrophil count <1.5 x 109/L.
- Platelet count <100 x 109/L.
- Haemoglobin <90 g/L.
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) >2.5x the upper limit of normal (ULN) if no
demonstrable liver metastases or >5 x ULN in the presence of liver metastases
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) >2.5 x ULN if no demonstrable liver metastases
or >5xULN in the presence of liver metastases.
- Total bilirubin >1.5 x ULN if no liver metastases or >3 x ULN in the presence of
documented Gilbert's Syndrome (unconjugated hyperbilirubinaemia) or liver
- Creatinine >1.5 x ULN concurrent with creatinine clearance <50 mL/min (measured
or calculated by Cockcroft and Gault equation); conﬁrmation of creatinine
clearance is only required when creatinine is >1.5 x ULN.
11. Women who are breast feeding
12. History of hypersensitivity to active or inactive excipients of osimertinib or drugs
with a similar chemical structure or class to osimertinib
13. Judgment by the Investigator that the patient should not participate in the study if
the patient is unlikely to comply with study procedures, restrictions, and
14. Adults under a legal protection regime (guardianship, trusteeship, judicial safeguard)