This is a phase 2, randomized, two-cohort, open-label study to evaluate the comparative
efficacy and overall safety of standard-of-care chemotherapy versus standard-of-care
chemotherapy in combination with aldoxorubicin HCl, N-803, and PD-L1 t haNK in subjects with
locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer. Each treatment setting (ie, first line
maintenance, or second or later line) will be evaluated independently as a separate cohort.
1. Age ≥ 18 years.
2. Able to understand and provide a signed informed consent that fulfills the relevant
IRB or IEC guidelines.
3. Have histologically confirmed unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic
1. For Cohort A, subjects must have initially received, or are currently receiving,
continuous treatment with gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel for at least 16 weeks
and have confirmed PR, CR, or SD prior to receiving first-line maintenance
therapy on this study. Duration of actual initial treatment may be unlimited as
long as no evidence of disease progression is noted by the Investigator at the
time of randomization.
2. For Cohort B, subjects must have PD after receiving initial treatment with
FOLFOX, FOLFIRINOX, and/or a gemcitabine-based therapy for pancreatic cancer.
Subjects who discontinued prior therapy due to toxicity, intolerance, or
available therapy was clinically contraindicated are allowed.
4. ECOG PS of 0 or 1.
5. Have at least 1 measurable lesion and/or non-measurable disease evaluable in
accordance with RECIST V1.1.
6. Must have a tumor biopsy specimen and be willing to release the specimen for
exploratory tumor molecular profiling. Specimen may be either an FFPE tumor biopsy
specimen obtained following the conclusion of the most recent anticancer treatment or
the subject should undergo a biopsy during the screening period, if considered safe by
the Investigator. If safety concerns preclude collection of a biopsy during the
screening period, a tumor biopsy specimen collected prior to the conclusion of the
most recent anticancer treatment may be used. A tumor biopsy specimen is not required
for subjects who have tumor molecular profiling results from previous NantOmics
7. Ability to attend required study visits and return for adequate follow-up, as required
by this protocol.
8. Agreement to practice effective contraception for female subjects of child-bearing
potential and non-sterile males. Female subjects of child-bearing potential must agree
to use effective contraception while on study and for at least 5 months after the last
dose of study treatment. Non-sterile male subjects must agree to use a condom while on
study and for up to 5 months after the last dose of study treatment. Effective
contraception includes surgical sterilization (eg, vasectomy, tubal ligation), two
forms of barrier methods (eg, condom, diaphragm) used with spermicide, IUDs, oral
contraceptives, and abstinence.
1. Body weight ≤ 50 kg at screening.
2. Serious uncontrolled concomitant disease that would contraindicate the use of the
investigational drug used in this study or that would put the subject at high risk for
3. Systemic autoimmune disease (eg, lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, Addison's
disease, autoimmune disease associated with lymphoma).
4. For Cohort A only: tumors harboring germline BRCA1/2 mutations.
5. For Cohort B only: previous treatment with liposomal irinotecan for advanced or
metastatic pancreatic cancer.
6. History of organ transplant requiring immunosuppression.
7. History of or active inflammatory bowel disease (eg, Crohn's disease, ulcerative
8. Inadequate organ function, evidenced by the following laboratory results:
1. Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) < 1000 cells/mm3.
2. Platelet count < 100,000 cells/mm3.
3. Hemoglobin < 9 g/dL.
4. Total bilirubin greater than the upper limit of normal (ULN; unless the subject
has documented Gilbert's syndrome).
5. Aspartate aminotransferase (AST [SGOT]) or alanine aminotransferase (ALT [SGPT])
> 2.5 × ULN (> 5 × ULN in subjects with liver metastases).
6. Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels > 2.5 × ULN (> 5 × ULN in subjects with liver
metastases, or >10 × ULN in subjects with bone metastases).
7. Serum creatinine > 2.0 mg/dL or 177 μmol/L.
8. Serum anion gap > 16 mEq/L or arterial blood with pH < 7.3.
9. Uncontrolled hypertension (systolic > 160 mm Hg and/or diastolic > 110 mm Hg) or
clinically significant (ie, active) cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular
accident/stroke, or myocardial infarction within 6 months prior to first study
medication; unstable angina; congestive heart failure of New York Heart Association
grade 2 or higher; or serious cardiac arrhythmia requiring medication.
10. Serious myocardial dysfunction defined by ECHO as an absolute LVEF ≤ 45%.
11. Dyspnea at rest due to complications of advanced malignancy or other disease requiring
continuous oxygen therapy.
12. Current chronic daily treatment (continuous for > 3 months) with systemic
corticosteroids (dose equivalent to or greater than 10 mg/day methylprednisolone),
excluding inhaled steroids. Short-term steroid use to prevent IV contrast allergic
reaction or anaphylaxis in subjects who have known contrast allergies is allowed.
13. Known hypersensitivity to any component of the study medication(s).
14. Concurrent or prior use of a strong cytochrome P450 (CYP)3A4 inhibitor (including
ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, indinavir, nefazodone,
nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, voriconazole, and grapefruit
products) or strong CYP3A4 inducers (including phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifampin,
rifabutin, rifapentin, phenobarbital, and St John's Wort) within 14 days before study
15. Concurrent or prior use of a strong CYP2C8 inhibitor (gemfibrozil) or moderate CYP2C8
inducer (rifampin) within 14 days before study day 1.
16. Participation in an investigational drug study or history of receiving any
investigational treatment within 14 days prior to dosing for this study, except for
testosterone-lowering therapy in men with prostate cancer.
17. Assessed by the Investigator to be unable or unwilling to comply with the requirements
of the protocol.
18. Concurrent participation in any interventional clinical trial.
19. Pregnant and nursing women. A negative serum pregnancy test during screening and a
negative pregnancy test within 72 hours prior to the first dose must be documented
before study drug is administered to a female subject of child-bearing potential.